Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Flying to NZ

Are we there yet!?!? Tired and in need of a shower....
Sarah Alexander

We made it!!! Even after being here a few days Terra and I are truly taken with New Zealand. Sometimes when I lay in bed at night I just can't believe it.  I mean really who does this? Who decides one day to just take a huge leap in your life and say " I think I'd like to live a foreign  country and explore for a whole year? I guess the answer to that is we do.

Needless to say the day of the flight and the flight it self was forever long. We woke up early to check out of the hostel at 10am. We spend the last day in Hawaii getting last minute things take care of.

Once we dropped off the car and went to check in we had a few surprises. Turns out Air New Zealand has a weight limit on your carry on items. Terra being a smart and light packer was able to move some things around. I on the other hand started to loose it a little and ended up having to toss some things away. Oh well first world problems they say. Luckily the lady checking me in was really nice and let me slide a little.

Once we finally got onto the plan we were greeted with some of the friendliest flight attendants we have ever met. We even had nice thick blankets with headphones for the flight. Plus the seats went back farther then most airlines I have been on in the stares. One of the real perks though was the food. Terra was able to get an amazing vegetarian meal while I had some chicken pasta. Plus they gave each of us free wine with our dinners.

After dinner we were able to relax in our seats watch the free movies and even sleep a little. We woke up in tome for breakfast and a successful landing on Auckland. Once arrived on Auckland I Skype'd with mom to let her know we made it and were alive. From there it was a short hop to Christchurch to meet Terra's family before going to the hostel. Roughly twelve hours later we are now a day ahead than the USA.

I have to say though the best part about the flight was the in flight safety video with Betty White. I mean come on who doesn't love Betty White? Air New Zealand and Betty White.

So be sure to click on the link above. Much love from NZ!

The amazing view flying into Christchurch

No comments:

Post a Comment